Monday, March 27, 2017

Gov. Moonbeam: Trump Building Wall to Trap Californians in America

Frontpagemagazine ^ | March 27, 2017 | Daniel Greenfield 

There are no words for this rambling Meet the Press interview with Governor Moonbeam. Well there are words. But throwing up your hands is just easier.
Here's Governor Brown on President Trump's proposed border wall.
GOV. JERRY BROWN:
The wall, to me, is ominous. It reminds me too much of the Berlin Wall. When I see that 30-foot wall, I worry somehow, "Are they trying to keep me in, or keep them out?"
I really think people ought to be careful because there's a lot of odor here of kind of a strongman, kind of a world where you want the ultimate leader here to be doing all this stuff. And having a wall locking the people in is one of those characteristics. I think Americans ought to be very careful when we make radical changes like a 30-foot wall keeping some in and some out.
I know California has some issues, but is Brown really under the impression that the wall is meant to keep out Californians fleeing to Mexico?

We're not going to sit around and just play patsy and say, "Hey, go ahead. Lock us in. Do whatever the hell you want. Export-- deport 2 billion, 2 million people." No, we're going to fight, and we're going to fight very hard.
Lock us in? Is Jerry Brown still insisting that the wall will keep him from finding freedom in Mexico? Please, go. No one will stop you. Or miss you.
And we'll do the right human, and I would even say Christian thing, from my point of view. You don't treat human beings like that. That is not what-- I mean, Trump's supposed to be Mr. Religious Fellow, and I thought we've got to treat "the least of these" as we would treat the Lord. So I hope he would reconnect with some of these conservative evangelicals, and they'll tell him that these are human beings, they're children of God. 
Speaking of children of God, perhaps Jerry will discuss his role in the abduction and eventual murder of California children by Jim Jones, his political ally. Jones was quite influential in Dem circles and Dems, including Harvey Milk,worked hard to protect his abuses until it was too late.

T-Shirt