Saturday, September 1, 2012

Mitt Romney’s Rope-a-Dope with Reverend Al Sharpton



alsharpton t300 Mitt Romneys Rope a Dope with Reverend Al SharptonNEW YORK – After Saturday’s announcement that Rep. Paul Ryan would be his running mate in the race for the White House, Mitt Romney agreed to a question and answer session on MSNBC’s “Politics Nation” with host, Reverend Al Sharpton. Following is a transcript of that interview:
AL SHARPTON: Thank you for joining us in this day of heated exchanges and profabricated dialogue Mr. Mitt.
MITT ROMNEY: It’s my pleasure, sir.
AL SHARPTON: You may call me Reverend.
MITT ROMNEY: Sure, Reverend.
AL SHARPTON: Now let me get right to the root of the canal of problems in the political climate we here in America call politics.
MITT ROMNEY: Sure.
AL SHARPTON: You have a horse.
MITT ROMNEY: I have several horses actually.
AL SHARPTON: Several? That’s a lot of horses.
MITT ROMNEY: I’m fortunate enough to be in the position to …
AL SHARPTON: Your fortune, if estimated, would askew to astronomical proportions.
MITT ROMNEY: I have been blessed with great success.
AL SHARPTON: What you call a blessing could be corkscrewed by people of color as a rampid case of being white in America.
MITT ROMNEY: Actually I feel my success came from working hard.
AL SHARPTON: Are you reflexing that people of color don’t work?
MITT ROMNEY: I believe that anybody of any color can be successful if they work hard.
AL SHARPTON: Would you admit to the difficulties constrained with fighting racism while attempting to work hard in today’s post relations America?
Mitt Romney1 Mitt Romneys Rope a Dope with Reverend Al SharptonMITT ROMNEY: I’m not sure I understand.
AL SHARPTON: Mr. Mitt, are you now or have you never been a racist?
MITT ROMNEY: Of course not.
AL SHARPTON: Do you have the clarity to gesticulate that statement?
MITT ROMNEY: Pardon?
AL SHARPTON: When was the last time you invited an African American child of color to play with your children?
MITT ROMNEY: I don’t think ….
AL SHARPTON: Will you tell me now on national television if you would allow an African American to be alone with your children?
MITT ROMNEY: My children are adults now, so it’s really not up to me to determine who they associate with.
AL SHARPTON: Mr. Mitt, do any of your children associate with adulterated African Americans?
MITT ROMNEY: They all associate with African Americans.
AL SHARPTON: Do you have proof that will legitamatize your claim?
MITT ROMNEY: Well, I don’t carry around photographs of my children with African Americans, no.
AL SHARPTON: So would it be incoherent to assume that without evidentuary exhibits before the court of public option that your children do not indeed associate with African Americans?
mitt romney flickr gage skidmore 1 carousel Mitt Romneys Rope a Dope with Reverend Al SharptonMITT ROMNEY: I have no idea what you just said.
AL SHARPTON: Should I get a rich white man to interpret for you?
MITT ROMNEY: (chuckles) I don’t know if you could find a person of any color to interpret what you just said.
AL SHARPTON: So in essential, you penetrate people of color because they don’t have enough money to interpret you?
MITT ROMNEY: (shrugs his shoulders) Gosh darn it, Reverend, I just don’t know what you’re asking.
AL SHARPTON: Since I am the professional news host of my own news show on MSNBC it’s imperatant that I ask the tough questions.
MITT ROMNEY: I wouldn’t expect anything less.
AL SHARPTON: Why, because I’m an African American?
MITT ROMNEY: Because you are a newscaster.
AL SHARPTON: A few years ago you murdered a white woman yet today you want to be the Commander of Chiefs.
MITT ROMNEY: I never murdered anyone.
AL SHARPTON: Her husband said you did.
MITT ROMNEY: Well, the poor man lost his ….
AL SHARPTON: If an African American man of color killed a white woman he’d be on death row in a pentecostiary.
MITT ROMNEY: That was a misleading ad, Reverend, and the Obama campaign ….
Al Sharpton1 Mitt Romneys Rope a Dope with Reverend Al SharptonAL SHARPTON: And your new runner mate Private Ryan also killed a white woman. You guys are a killing machine.
MITT ROMNEY: Paul Ryan never killed anyone.
AL SHARPTON: I watched it on TV with my eyes. Pushed an old lady in a wheel chair over a clift.
MITT ROMNEY: Reverend, do you really believe …
AL SHARPTON: Mr. Mitt, I have time for a final last question, so please be honest. When the American people hear of a felon who doesn’t pay his taxes and causes the death of innocent people, what name is going to pop into their head?
MITT ROMNEY: Why, Reverend Al Sharpton, of course.

T-Shirt