Thursday, January 12, 2017

Obama: I'm The Father Of The Tea Party

Townhall ^ | 01.11.17 | Matt Vespa 

Well, here’s a new declaration from outgoing President Obama. He’s declared himself to be the “father of the Tea Party.” In an interview with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos, the anchor (and former Clinton operative) asked the president what sentence would describe him.

Stephanopoulos cited the quote by the late Congresswoman Clare Booth Luce, who said “the greater the man, the easier it is to describe him in a single sentence.” Luce uttered this in 1962 when asked by then-President Kennedy what was on her mind.

The 44th president said of himself, “President Obama believed deeply in this democracy and the American people.”

“I’ve gotten people who maybe didn’t believe in the process to get engaged. Ironically, I’ve even gotten the other side that maybe didn’t believe in the process to get engage. I gather that I’m the father of the Tea Party; I invigorated the grassroots of the Republican Party as well as the Democratic Party,” added Obama.
(Excerpt) Read more at townhall.com ...

T-Shirt