Sunday, October 16, 2016

Wikileaks Email 11136 - Neera Tanden - "I know this email thing isn't on the level."

Wikileaks ^ | 10/16/2016 | Wikileaks 

Neera Tanden says:
I know this email thing isn't on the level. I'm fully aware of that. But her inability to just do a national interview and communicate genuine feelings of remorse and regret is now, I fear, becoming a character problem (more so than honesty).
People hate her arrogant, like her down. It's a sexist context, but I think it's the truth. I see no downside in her actually just saying, look, I'm sorry. I think it will take so much air out of this.
She always sees herself bending to "their" will when she hands over information, etc. But the way she has to bend here is in the remorse. Not the "if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't do it." A real feeling of - this decision I made created a mess and I'm sorry I did that.
No one thinks she doesn't have the judgment to be president - she's not reaffirming a negative characteristic in saying sorry. She needs to do that - I see no way of moving on until October otherwise.
Anyway, that's my advice.
Podesta responds: Jen and I are in the same place. Trying to figure out how to get her there and best way to execute.

T-Shirt