Thursday, December 20, 2012

Obama's Petulant Chlid, "Eat Your Peas" Swagger Returns!

Michelle Obama's Mirror ^ | 12-20-2012 | MOTUS

I see we’ve returned to what somebody called the “smartest man in the room” swagger. This “eat your peas” scold was last heard during the fiscal cliff talks 2011(snip)

Butt yesterday’s presser completed Big Guy’s on the job growth curve: from whiny baby,



to petulant child,



through cocky adolescence,


before emerging in tact as the peevish, hubristic adult he is today.


All the while staying true to his community organizer roots.



And when asked where he’s been on gun control for the last 4 years by that uppity ABC reporter, Big Guy really put him in his place: “I don’t think I’ve been on vacation,” he said.


(snip)Anyway, I thought I should dedicate today’s holiday recipe thread to the little green legume in honor of yesterday’s second annual “shut up and eat your peas” speech, butt aside from pea soup, I don’t really care for peas very much.

Fortunately I ran across another story to inspire today’s culinary direction. It also qualifies as this week’s most ironic story: “Iodine Deficiency – An Old Epidemic Is Back”. As the Instapundit put it, “It doesn’t help to put iodine in salt, if people quit using salt.”

(snip)I’m focusing on salt-centric recipes today. This is all I’ve got, but somebody must have a a good recipe for corned beef, pickles, sauerkraut and gravlax. Or pretzels! And how about salted caramels?

Salt Crusted Baked Potatoes:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Russet potatoes: 1 per person,…Continued


(Excerpt) Read more at michellesmirror.com ...

T-Shirt