Wednesday, November 15, 2017

I Was Verbally Abused And Humiliated By My Army Drill Sergeant in 1969 (*SOB*)

Vanity | Nov. 14, 2017 | Vanity 

It's true, I can't believe I've held this incredible pain inside me for so long but I have to tell somebody how cruelly and unfairly I was treated, Oh so long ago.

I was new to the Army, heading to Basic Training in 1969, wanting to make a difference and serve my country and America but what I encountered shook me to my very core.
Me, a wide-eyed recruit, got off the bus at Fort Lewis Washington and was immediately yelled at and verbally abused by this looming, big, (and mean), Staff Sergeant named SSG Gritman.
He singled me out immediately because he hated me and made me fall into a position I would come to know and hate, the FRONT LEANING REST Position, (*SOB*), to do push-ups I didn't deserve to do because I was nice person!!
This monster of a man continued to demean and harass me throughout the entire 8 weeks of training, always singling me out as if I were his pet DOG, never relenting, never cutting me slack, never saying he was sorry!
Well, here it is, the reason I confessed my pain and suffering from so long ago; I want to find former Drill Sergeant Gritman, and have Congress indict him on charges of having been mean to me those many years ago.

T-Shirt