Sunday, January 29, 2017

Senate Democrats are bluffing, they are powerless to block Trump's Supreme Court nominee

Fox News Opinion ^ | January 28, 2017 | Marc Thiessen 

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer has threatened to stonewall Donald Trump’s pick to replace Justice Antonin Scalia, telling MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow, Schumer said: “It’s hard for me to imagine a nominee that Donald Trump would choose that would get Republican support that we could support.” When Maddow asked, “You will do your best to hold the seat open?” Schumer replied, “Absolutely.”
The fact is, Senate Democrats are powerless to stop Trump from appointing and confirming a rock-ribbed conservative to replace Scalia.
Here is what Trump should tell Schumer in so uncertain terms:

•As you know, I have put out a list of 21 judges from which I will choose my nominee to fill Justice Scalia’s seat. One of those judges will be my nominee. And that nominee will be confirmed by the United States Senate.

•I sincerely hope that he or she will be confirmed with bipartisan support.

•But if you are under the impression, as you suggested in a recent interview, that you can block my nominee and hold the seat open, I have news for you: That is not going to happen....
(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

T-Shirt