Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Whatever his faults, Trump is superior to Hillary in every way

Canada Free Press ^ | February 29, 2016 | Dan Calabrese 

I completely understand why some conservatives are horrified at the prospect of Donald Trump being the Republican nominee for president. I understand their discomfort with his bluster, with his lack of any history supporting conservative ideas, with his many contributions to Democrat candidates, with some elements of his track record in business. Some of it bothers me too, although I do think a lot of the handwringing is over things that don’t really matter that much.
But look, sure, nominating a guy like Donald Trump is in all kinds of ways contrary to what conservative movement types have advocated for decades. I wanted a conservative governor with a really solid record of governing achievements using conservative policy ideas, which is why I was so all over Scott Walker in the early going - and why I think to this day that it was a mistake not to give Rick Perry more serious consideration.
But hey, that’s how it went. Right now Trump appears to be the odds-on favorite for the nomination, and a lot of conservatives are beside themselves of it. I get it.
But what I don’t get is the currently popular fad of self-styled conservative intellectuals declaring that they will never vote for Trump, even if he is the nominee, and even if it means Hillary Clinton becomes president.
Snip....
http://canadafreepress.com/article/whatever-his-faults-trump-is-superior-to-hillary-in-every-way

T-Shirt