Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Tarantino refuses to apologize for anti-cop comments!

NY POST ^ | November 3, 2015 | Chris Perez and Jamie Schram 

Quentin Tarantino offered nothing even close to an apology on Tuesday for calling cops “murderers” — and instead pathetically claimed he has been victimized by police unions.


Speaking publicly for the first time since his inflammatory comments at a Washington Square Park rally on Oct. 24, the Pulp Fiction ­director insisted his words were all taken out of context. All cops are not murderers,” Tar­antino told the Los Angeles Times. I never said that. I never even implied that.


What they’re doing is pretty obvious. Instead of dealing with the incidents of police brutality that those people were bringing up, instead of examining the problem of police brutality in this country, better they single me out.


And their message is very clear. It’s to shut me down. It’s to discredit me. It is to intimidate me. It is to shut my mouth and, even more important than that, it is to send a message out to any other prominent person that might feel the need to join that side of the argument


At the rally against “police terror,” Tarantino said, “When I see murders, I do not stand by . I have to call a murder a murder and I have to call the murderers the murderers.” The 52-year-old filmmaker also told the LA Times that he won’t back down in the face of a threatened boycott of his new movie “The Hateful Eight,” to be released Christmas Day.
(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

T-Shirt