Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Not brushing your teeth can trigger dementia and heart disease!

Daily Mail ^ | June 1, 2015 | Christoffer Van Tulleken 

My dental health is something I have always taken seriously — and as a gadget fan, I’ve spent hundreds of pounds on the latest high-tech electronic toothbrushes and expensive toothpastes, gels and mouthwashes.
But then I had to go without brushing my teeth for a fortnight.
This was for a new two-part series on dental health for the BBC, and what we discovered was truly eye-opening, with implications not just for me, but for all of us.
My wife was anything but keen on the no-brushing experiment and there was a lot less kissing during that fortnight. And she was right to be worried about the outcome.
For two weeks, I wore a gum guard on one side of my mouth whenever I brushed my teeth, so that side didn’t get cleaned.
At the end of this time, I brushed my teeth without the gum guard on and my gums bled a bit and there was pink, blood- spattered spit in the bathroom washbowl. I had developed mild gum disease. Carry on like this and not treat the problem and I could theoretically lose some teeth.
(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

T-Shirt