Wednesday, April 15, 2015

What Will Bill Clinton Do in the White House? (*Bubba's concubine gets a key?)

U.S. News & World Report via MSN ^ | 4/14/15 | Kenneth T. Walsh 


How long Bill's restraint lasts this time is anybody's guess. So far, he is being cautious and, in a burst of humility, is even raising doubts about his own political powers. "I've told Hillary that I don't think I'm good [at campaigning] anymore, because I'm not mad at anybody," he said to Town & Country Magazine recently. "I'm a grandfather, and I got to see my granddaughter last night, and I can't be mad." He said his role in his wife's campaign will be mostly as a "backstage adviser to her until we get much, much closer to the election."

The Clinton's see eye to eye on most issues and both are basically pragmatic liberals. Many Americans remember the Bill Clinton era as one of peace and prosperity, and Hillary will benefit from this connection, although his problem with the Monica Lewinsky sex-and-lies scandal remains an uncomfortable part of history for both of them.

What set Bill Clinton apart in a positive way was his empathy and his ability to persuade everyday people that he understood their problems and worked constantly to help them. Projecting such empathy is one of Hillary Clinton's goals in 2016, her advisers say, but it doesn't come as easily to her as it did to her husband.
(Excerpt) Read more at msn.com ...

T-Shirt