Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Devious Secret of Obamacare!

American Thinker ^ | March 20, 2014 | Bill Hobson
Adventures in Obamacareland, in which our protagonist is:   encouraged to lie and report that he did not have existing health insurance, making the number of uninsured look higher; discovers new reasons to doubt the numbers of people reported as signing up for Obamacare; and learns that one of the supposed reasons behind the (Un)Affordable Care Act was a total sham. First, a little background. Bill Hobson is not my real name. My spouse was concerned that, if I used my real name, the IRS would come after us. A few years ago I would have considered such thoughts paranoid. Now, under Obama's IRS, I suspect that she might be right. I am a former small business owner and former journalist. I've had individual health insurance policies since 1989, and with the same (major) company for the last fifteen years. As with most folks, I saw my premiums go up incrementally over the years as age and health care costs rose, but nothing like what happened in the past year. I did not want to sign up for Obamacare. But my individual policy -- my spouse is covered separately -- had risen from $330 a month when the administration imposed this diktat to $437 a month going into 2013, an increase which I really couldn't afford. However, my doctor had told me I would require a medical procedure last year costing a significant amount, so I left the plan in place, planning to switch to a lower-cost, higher-deductible policy. I reckoned that this would bring my monthly premium back to the $330 range. The delay would also, I thought, allow the smoke to clear from the Obamacare power grab. Little did I know that, when the smoke lifted, it would reveal a charred landscape.
(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

T-Shirt