Monday, January 20, 2014

I am watching them take my country from me!

American Thinker ^ | 1/20/2014 | David Lawrence 

I am watching them take my country from me -- the Obamas, the de Blasios, the Holders, the generic Democrats with their imaginary sincerity and their simplistic complaints about income inequality. As if excellence and the ability to earn are wicked traits.

In the meantime, Obama and his ilk are living pretty well. They are not sleeping in boxes on cold urban streets. Like thieves in the night, they try to steal the votes from the poor so that they can live even richer lifestyles. They pretend to identify with the middle class, as if their lifestyles and prestige even resemble such a thing as "middle class."
"Oh, the Republicans are rednecks and racists," says Josh, a Brooklyn liberal friend at Gleason's Gym whose southern grandfather was a member of the KKK.
(snip)
They throw cookies of self-approval to those knocked out by their policies. They count them out while they pretend that they want to help the poor.
Liberals believe that conservative ideas are zombies, the walking dead. They don't see that their naïve ideas make them like sophomoric girls on spring break in a boat: silly, but sincerely out to satisfy themselves.
While Obama parties in Hawaii, I box in Brooklyn. I can probably write better than Obama. Maybe not Bill Ayers, who tried to blow up the Pentagon and is accused of ghostwriting Obama's books. If only I could speak as well as Obama, read the teleprompter as well. I'd be all sunshine, too. In Hawaii. In make-believe. In Never-Never Land.
How dare I compete with the president? Well, he has diminished the office enough that there's room for angry men like myself.
(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

T-Shirt