Sunday, November 10, 2013

Obama threatens GOP with executive orders on ‘drawer full’ of ideas!

Washington Times ^ | November 9, 2013 | By Ben Wolfgang

...“What we’ve seen over the last several years is a constant ratcheting up of partisanship that prevents us from moving forward on things that I think most people would say aren’t Democrat or Republican ideas. They’re just good, common-sense American ideas,” Mr. Obama said at a Democratic party fundraiser in Miami. “Energy independence is one of them. Making sure that we’re investing in the best schools, so that our children can compete in this new global economy; rebuilding our infrastructure, not just our energy infrastructure, but our ports and our roads and our bridges and our air traffic control systems, so that we stay on the cutting edge; making sure we’re investing in research and development..…We have a whole drawer full of good ideas. And some of them I can do on my own, administratively.”
As was the case when Mr. Obama spoke in New Orleans earlier Friday, health-care reform played a minimal role in his remarks.......
Mr. Obama also said that, because he’s run his last political campaign, he’s looking to build his legacy and leave the U.S. a better place.
“And when I’m hopefully playing with some grandkids, but not too soon, because [Mr. Obama’s daughters] Malia and Sasha are only 15 and 12, I want to know that what I did made the world a better place for them,” he said. “I want them to know that because of the decisions we made now, we’re more energy independent and that we’re improving our environment. I want them to know that not just they and their friends got a great education, but children all across America got a great education..…That’s what motivates me. That’s what gets me up every day.”
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...

T-Shirt