Friday, February 1, 2013

McDonald's Jobs Are Great Jobs!

Tea Party Nation ^ | January 31, 2013 | John Wiseman

During a previous life, I was interviewing some soon to be college graduates for a possible position as an Assistant Manager Trainee in one of the 1200 F.W. Woolworth Stores around the fruited plains. Someone at the local University's placement office must have instructed those poor skulls full of mush on the finer points on negotiating a salary, (I just stopped laughing at those dumb kids about a week ago.) Each and every one of the kids asked at the end of the interview about salary, and each used the same wording to tell me that they felt that their education and training made them worth $50,000 per year. (those were 1990 dollars.)
My answer, said as diplomatically as I could muster went something like this. Why stop there. I'm sure your mother would tell me that you're worth $1 Million per year. The problem is that you have to be worth that to somebody. It may interest you to know young person, that I myself have a degree from a major American University, as does every one of our management team here. So, with all due respect to your college education, which I have had also by the way, I can tell you that you have learned nothing about how to actually produce the results necessary for you to be paid that sum. What your worth is to us, as someone entering in the very lowest echelons of our management team, someone who will spend the next three years learning what is necessary to produce the kind of results that would make you worth that salary that you seek, is $360 per week, in 1990 dollars.
Such is today's youth, and unfortunately many of our adults, entitled brats...
(Excerpt) Read more at teapartynation.com ...

T-Shirt