Sunday, November 4, 2012

President Barack Obama's Concession Speech, Nov. 6, 2012

Imaginary White House ^ | November 6, 2012 | Barck Obama

President Barack Obama's Concession Speech.
White House. November, 6, 2012.

My fellow Americans. Change is part of life. Four years ago I said that “we are the change we are waiting for.” Tonight the American people have decided that they want more change and we respect their choice.
I can’t say that news of this change doesn’t hurt, but we can look with satisfaction on some of our promising proposals that were perhaps so bold that the nation wasn’t ready for them quite yet.
I want to thank all of my supporters for the tireless efforts that they have devoted to move our mission to fundamentally transform America forward. I am asking them to stand down and not lose heart that our hard fought campaign was less than optimal.
Americans are one people who must unite regardless of bumps in the road, like elections that don’t turn out the way that we would like. We will consider this a temporary set back. Our cause endures.
Michelle and I will soon be announcing our next step as we begin to lay the foundation for my presidential library at the Center for Peace and Hope in Honolulu. From this base we will continue to fight for the causes that we hold dear — such as exposing racism, up holding gay and abortion rights and working for a more just society that spreads the wealth around without giving in to the exploitation of the one percenters.
We will lick our wounds and fight on another day —so none of my supporters should be discouraged in the slightest.
About an hour ago, I called Governor Romney to congratulate him for how the vote count turned out. I promised to work closely with him in the next few weeks to create the best transition in American history. And I then sent him this text message and I’ll read it to you:

"It is now apparent that voters have chosen you as the next president. I congratulate you and pledge to you our fullest support and cooperation in bringing about an orderly transition of government in the weeks ahead. May God bless you and your family as you prepare to take the wheel of our ship of state. All I can say is, I hope that you have as good luck as I did".

In some ways, I’ve been the most fortunate of all presidents because I’ve had the daily aid of a wise man and woman at my side, in my judgement the best vice president and secretary of state any head of state ever had, Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton!

We have seventy days to complete some final work, such as pardoning those falsely accused by our flawed judicial system and to announce some crucial executive orders that will promote more fairness in this beloved land.

This has been a long and hard campaign as you well know we must come together as a united people. Goodnight and may God bless America.


T-Shirt