Friday, August 31, 2012

Rubio: Obama Trying Ideas People Came To America To Get Away From!

Real Clear Politics ^ | August 30, 2012

Transcript of Florida Sen. Marco Rubio's speech as prepared for delivery at the Republican National Convention:

In 1980, I watched my first Republican convention with my grandfather.

He was born to a farming family in rural Cuba. Childhood polio left him permanently disabled. Because he couldn't work the farm, his family sent him to school, and he became the only one in the family who could read.

As a boy, I would sit on our porch and listen to his stories about history, politics and baseball while he puffed on one of his three daily Padron cigars.
I don't recall everything we talked about, but the one thing I remember, is the one thing he wanted me to never forget. The dreams he had when he was young became impossible to achieve.
But there was no limit to how far I could go, because I was an American.
For those of us who were born and raised in this country, it's easy to forget how special America is. But my grandfather understood how different America is from the rest of the world, because he knew what life was like outside America.
(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com ...

T-Shirt