Thursday, August 9, 2012

Obama camp denies knowledge of cancer tale it told in May!

Yahoo News ^ | Aug. 8, 2012 | Olive Knox

Oops! President Barack Obama's re-election campaign washed its hands Wednesday of an independent group's vicious (and misleading) ad effectively blaming Mitt Romney for the death of a laid-off steelworker's wife from cancer. Campaign officials flatly denied any knowledge of the facts in the case—but it turns out the widower told the same story on an Obama campaign conference call in mid-May.

The extraordinary thing about Soptic's remarks is the careful, sleazy lawyer job somebody at the Obama campaign did in preparing them for him to read. Here's what he said on the Obama campaign's conference call:



After we lost our jobs, we found out that we were going to lose our health insurance, and that our pensions hadn't been funded like Bain promised they would be. I was lucky to find another job as a custodian in a local school district. They gave me some health insurance, but I couldn't afford to buy it for my wife. A little while later she was diagnosed with lung cancer. I had to put her in a county hospital because she didn't have health care, and when the cancer took her away, all I got was an enormous bill. That put a lot of stress on me: I thought I'd be paying it off until I died myself. That probably wouldn't have happened if Bain kept its promise and I was allowed to keep our health insurance.



Note how all the events are compressed, much like the editing of Obama's life story in Dreams from my Father, to omit the six years from Soptic's layoff to his wife's cancer diagnosis, her having a job with health insurance for two years, and leaving that job. Soptic didn't do that piece of sleazy word smithing on his own. It had to have been done by an Obama lawyer skilled in creating false narratives by omitting and compressing events and time frames. The similarity of that statement to the one issued by the Obama super pac also show the whole hit was illegally coordinated.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...

T-Shirt