Sunday, July 15, 2012

Obama vows to fight for middle class in Roanoke appearance




Roanoke.com ^ | July 14, 2012 | Mason Adams

"Their basic theory is if wealthy investors are doing well, everybody does well," Obama said.
But he added, "I just want to point out we tried their theory for almost 10 years, and here's what it got us: We've got the slowest job growth in decades. We've got deficits as far as the eye can see. Your incomes and your wages didn't go up."

Obama then laid out what he sees as his alternative to trickle-down economics: "I believe that the way you grow the economy is from the middle out. I believe that you grow the economy from the bottom up. I believe that when working people are doing well, the country does well. I believe in fighting for the middle class, because if they're prospering, all of us will prosper."

(Excerpt) Read more at roanoke.com ...

T-Shirt