Thursday, July 12, 2012

Obama Had No Time for the NAALCP



Rush Limbaugh.com ^ | July 12, 2012 | Rush Limbaugh

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT


RUSH: You know, one of the biggest lies that the news media and the rest of the Democrat Party is foisted on us for the past 50-years-plus is the lie that the Democrat Party is the savior of blacks and all minorities.

Do you realize Democrats were the ones who started the KKK?

You don't find Republican senators that were members of the KKK. But Robert "Sheets" Byrd (Democrat-West Virginia) was a Grand Wizard or Kleagle or whatever. He was a recruiter for the KKK. The Democrats started the Ku Klux Klan. Democrats were the ones who turned fire hoses and police dogs on civil rights marchers in Alabama. Not just Alabama, all across the South. Bull Connor was a Democrat. Democrats were the people standing in the schoolhouse doors refusing to admit black students that wanted an equal education with white students.

It was Democrats who filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

It was Democrats that LBJ had problems with, trying to get the Civil Rights Act passed. Now the Democrats have the gall to accuse Republicans of working against blacks and other minorities. As for Biden and Reverend Wright, we don't really care what Biden learned from Reverend Wright. We want to know what Obama learned from Reverend Wright. The KKK was a wing of the Democrat Party. It was the militant wing of the Democrat Party.

The KKK was created to stop blacks and whites from voting for Republicans. The earliest targets of the KKK were Republicans! How many of you people are probably shocked to hear this? This is one of the great reversals of reality that has taken place in this nation's history. A greater percentage of Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act in the Senate in 1964 than Democrats, and yet look at what everybody thinks! John Lewis -- who, as he describes it, "got beat upside the head" at the Selma march -- got beat upside the head by Democrats.

John Lewis marched with Dr. King and got beat up by Democrats. He had the fire hoses turned on him by Democrats. He had the dogs turned loose on him by Democrats. He was chased down by the Ku Klux Klan. It was Democrats that killed Emmett Till. It wasn't Republicans. You'd never know it. And now, if you are just joining us, I have to share with you the quote of the day. It comes from Charlette Stoker Manning, chairwoman of Women in NAACP.

She told the website BuzzFeed, after Romney's speech at the NAACP yesterday, quote, "You can't possibly talk about jobs for black people at the level he's coming from. He's talking about entrepreneurship, savings accounts -- black people can barely find a way to get back and forth from work." What do you mean, savings accounts? Start your own business? Black people don't understand that! Those things aren't for black people.

Now, she wants people to think that this country's so racist and so discriminatory that it doesn't let blacks have savings accounts. The Democrat Party is the party that engineered all of those so-called predatory loans that led to the subprime mortgage crisis. Guess who was the target of those loans? It was blacks. And they want you to believe that Wall Street bankers came up with the idea. The idea was Bill Clinton's, feeding off an idea of Jimmy Carter's.

And it was rooted in this notion of "fairness," that it wasn't fair that some people should have homes while other people don't. And black people were being denied the American dream. So let's come up with a way to get 'em into houses. Okay, we'll give '
em mortgages that they can't possibly pay back. Democrat Janet Reno, attorney general under Bill Clinton, told banks they would be investigated if they didn't participate in the program. This is another historical reversal of fact.

Now it's Wall Street banks that came up with the program, instituted the program, 'cause they're racist and selfish and greedy. What sensible businessman makes a loan to somebody that will never be able to pay it back?

What wizard comes up with a program like that?

Nobody does, unless your government commands that you do it under threat of investigation. Now, I mentioned that Obama didn't show up the NAALCP, and there's a simple reason. He's got no story to tell. He cannot go to the NAACP and engender a bunch of support based on what's happened. He cannot ask them to give him four more years of this presidency. He can't go and celebrate good times with 'em. Remember, he's the first black president. Historical.

It was gonna mean so much. It was gonna be the end of so much and the beginning of so much wonderfulness. And it's been an utter disaster! There's not one positive thing Barack Obama could say to 'em. So he sends surrogates out to make the conventioneers feel sorry for him. "Yeah, they're attacking our president. They're attacking our young guy. You gotta have Barack's back. You gotta make sure they don't get Barack! You gotta protect Barack!"

These people say, "Okay, fine. What's he doing for us?"

"Well, doesn't matter." He's got nothing to say to 'em. He's got no good times to share. He can't promise 'em anything better 'cause he's not gonna change anything he's doing. It's only gonna get worse for 'em. He's gotta finish the job, but he can't tell 'em that. Finishing the job (snorts) is misery for everybody. But he did send a video. Yeeees, the first black president sent in a video. We have two sound bites of it. Here's the first of the two.

OBAMA: Good morning, NAACP! I'm sorry I can't be with you in person this year, but I wanted to take moment to thank your board chairman, Roslyn Brock, and President Ben Jealous for their leadership and strong partnership that they formed with my administration. I want to thank everybody at the NAACP's 103rd Convention for coming together, not just today, but every day, to bend the arc of the moral universe towards justice. I stand on your shoulders.

RUSH: Right. And then -- and then -- he told 'em that he's creating ladders to the middle class. Now, that was Romney that went and talked about the middle class. Romney is the one who treated 'em as equals. Romney spoke to 'em as adults. Romney spoke to them as men and women who have the same objectives for their families as he does: An improved standard of living, more freedom, greater quality of life. That's what Romney went and spoke to 'em about. But Obama, he's telling them he is building ladder to the middle class. Which, of course, implies what? There aren't any blacks in the middle class, which is what these people all want everybody to think.

OBAMA: I will get up every single day and fight as hard as I can for that big, diverse, hopeful, optimistic, hardworking America that we love. An America where we're lookin' out for the middle class. An America where we're creating ladders for people who are willing to work hard to get into the middle class. That's my promise to you. And if you keep standing with me, if you keep persevering like the NAACP always has, then I know that we can arrive there together. Thank you so much. I'm proud of all that you do.

RUSH: Pshew! Folks, it's an alternate universe. It is the Twilight Zone. "I had time to go to George Clooney's house. I had time to hang around with his girlfriend. You ought to see that babe. She's six feet tall, former WWE. I mean, you ought to see her moves! I gotta spend time with her. I spent some time with Alex Rodriguez and Cameron Diaz. I'm all over the place. I got time. In fact, I'm going over to Paris.



"Well, I don't know if I'm gonna be able to get there, but Clooney's gonna be raising money for me in Paris in August, and I'll probably go to Olympics. I'll watch the swimming. I'm not going to Martha's Vineyard, that wouldn't look good, but I've been there the last two years. I had time to go to New York. You know, Michelle and I went to the greatest Broadway play and couple of nice restaurants.

"We took both Air Force Ones, you know that? We went to Spain. Well, Michelle went to Spain. I went to Hamburger Heaven, but that doesn't matter. I just don't have time to come to Houston. I just can't bop in to your convention. I had dinner at Sarah Jessica Parker's house. Oh, I wish you all coulda been with me there. Anna Wintour from Vogue magazine came in. We had these clods -- uh, uh, members of the public -- that won a chance have dinner with me.

"And I'm going back to San Francisco. I'm going back to Beverly Hills. I got some more fundraising to do with some movie stars. I've been to 158 fundraisers, and I'm having more fun than ever. I'm eating well. Everything is just exactly as I had imagine. I just don't have time to come to Houston. Now, I gotta go because Clooney's on the phone. There's some problem with Paris that I gotta figure out. But you keep doing what you've been do. We're gonna be just fine."
END TRANSCRIPT

T-Shirt