Saturday, May 12, 2012

President Admits He Sometimes Forgets the Magnitude of the Recession


Semi-News/Semi-Satire ^ | 11 May 2012 | John Semmens



President Obama asked voters to forgive him if he sometimes fails to feel their pain over lost employment, foreclosed homes, and mounting personal debt.

“I've led kind of a sheltered life,” the President admitted. “I went to private schools when I was young. I had a scholarship to go to college. I never really had to worry about working to pay my own way. Now, of course, as President, I live in a big house with dozens of servants. I have my own jumbo jet to fly me wherever I want. So, you can see how it might be hard for me to relate to the common people.”

Obama said he hoped that voters wouldn't forget that “the recession is not my fault. It started before I got here. I've done everything I could to try to correct the problem. What other president has spent as much to try to heal the economy? I mean, how much more generous could I have been?”

If you missed any of this week's other semi-news posts you can find them at...
http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Opinion/111579-2012-05-11-semi-news-a-satire-of-recent-news-may-13-2012.htm

T-Shirt