Thursday, April 12, 2012

Rejecting the Buffett Rule and Fighting Obama’s Class Warfare!

Townhall.com ^ | April 12, 2012 | Daniel J. Mitchell
I’ve already explained why Warren Buffett is either dishonest or clueless about tax policy. Today, on CNBC, I got to debate the tax scheme that President Obama has named after the Omaha investor.
 
One of my big points was that the United States already has a self-destructive set of tax laws for investment. As such, it would be very foolish to increase the double taxation of income that is saved and invested.
 
Mitchell on CNBC
Dan Mitchell Debating the Buffett Rule on CNBC
And my closing point, which I snuck in before they could go off air, was that the left should want lower tax rates if they want more revenue from the rich. It’s called the Laffer Curve.

T-Shirt